Cauliflower Steaks with ZENB Marinara Braised Chickpeas
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 45 minutes
TOTAL TIME 55 minutes
Serving Size: 427g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
Create Your Own ZENB Gourmet Pasta Sauce Pack
This low-calorie, gluten-free Cauliflower Steak recipes uses ZENB Sweet Carrot and Tomato Marinara Pasta Sauce with chickpeas to pack a flavorful punch. Whether you are plant-based or just looking to get more vegetables into your diet, this is the ideal recipe for you.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into eight, 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed, patted dry
- 1-1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 carton (15.5 ounces) ZENB Sweet Carrot and Tomato Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups kale, stemmed, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly brush cauliflower slices with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Arrange slices on large, rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment. Season with salt & pepper. Bake 40-45 minutes, turning once, until golden-brown on both sides.2.
Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add chickpeas and paprika. Cook, 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly until heated through and fragrant.3.
Stir in ZENB Sauce and water; cook 2-3 minutes until simmering. Add kale to pan. Cook 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until wilted and tender. Serve sauce mixture spooned over roasted cauliflower steaks.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.