Berbere-Spiced Crispy Skin Chicken & Vegetables with ZENB Elbows Pasta
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 50 minutes
Serving Size: 467g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Elbows Pasta
This chef-created recipe brings together ZENB Elbows Pasta with berbere-spiced chicken and vegetables to elevate the taste of your next kitchen creation. Packed with a good source of protein, good source of fiber, low saturated fat, low sodium, and an excellent source of vitamin A, this recipe is something that is sure to leave everyone happy.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon berbere spice, divided
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slivers
- 1 cup rainbow baby carrots, halved lengthwise (about 1/4 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Elbows Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1 small lemon, zested, juiced
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley, plus additional for serving
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Whisk 2 teaspoons each, oil and berbere spice in large bowl. Add squash, onions, and carrots; toss to combine. Combine remaining oil, berbere, salt & pepper in large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal and turn bag until chicken is well coated.2.
Heat large cast iron skillet on medium heat. Add chicken, skin-side down. Cook undisturbed, 6-8 minutes or until skin is golden brown and crisp. Transfer chicken to clean bowl. Remove skillet from heat. Add vegetable mixture; return chicken to skillet atop vegetables. Bake 35-40 minutes or until chicken is deep golden brown and cooked through (165ºF).3.
Meanwhile, cook ZENB Pasta as directed. Drain, return to pot. Stir in lemon juice & zest, raisins and parsley. Serve pasta topped with chicken, roasted vegetables and additional parsley leaves.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.