ZENB Rotini Pasta with Roasted Tomato Chicken Paprikash
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME 35 minutes
Serving Size: 380g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
This classic Hungarian dish, is not only delicious but also provides an excellent source of protein and a good source of fiber. Using both ZENB Rotini Pasta and ZENB Roasted Tomato, Garlic, & Basil Pasta Sauce, this recipe is perfect for feeding family and friends from the comfort of your own home.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 carton (15.5 ounces) ZENB Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt, stirred
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Rotini Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked.
Heat olive oil in large deep skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and season with salt & pepper. Cook 6-8 minutes turning once, until golden brown. Transfer chicken to clean plate2.
Add onions to same skillet. Cook 3-5 minutes stirring occasionally, until softened. Add paprika; cook 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add ZENB Sauce; gently scrape brown bits from bottom of pan with wooden spoon. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in yogurt. Return chicken and any juices to skillet. Simmer 10-15 minutes or until chicken is done. (165°F)3.
Meanwhile, cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package; drain. Serve pasta with chicken and sauce mixture.
Substitute hot smoke paprika for a spicy kick!
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.