ZENB Roasted Tomato & Italian Turkey Sugo
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 90 minutes
TOTAL TIME 1.75 hours
Serving Size: 423g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
This delicious pasta dish combines ZENB Rotini Pasta with ZENB Roasted Tomato, Garlic, & Basil Pasta Sauce and other ingredients to deliver a great home meal. Providing a good source of protein and fiber, this recipe helps you enjoy the flavors and nutrients you need.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Italian seasoned ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 carton (15.5 ounces) ZENB Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Rotini Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley
Heat oil in large pot on medium-high heat. Cook turkey 6-8 minutes or until browned, while breaking up large chunks with wooden spoon.2.
Add onions, carrots, celery, tomato paste, salt & pepper. Cook 8-10 minutes until vegetables are softened and tomato paste is slightly darkened. Add water; cook 3-4 minutes while scraping brown bits from bottom of pot. Stir in ZENB Sauce; cover with lid. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally until meat is completely tender.3.
Meanwhile, cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Reserve 1/3 cup pasta cooking water; drain. Add pasta to sauce. Cook 3-4 minutes on low, while mixing gently and adding reserved pasta water as needed. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Make this sauce up to 3 days ahead. Cool completely and store refrigerated in a covered container.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.