ZENB Roasted Tomato & Italian Turkey Sugo
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 90 minutes
Serving Size: 423g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
This delicious pasta dish combines ZENB Rotini Pasta with ZENB Roasted Tomato, Garlic, & Basil Pasta Sauce and other ingredients to deliver a great home meal. Providing a good source of protein and fiber, this recipe helps you enjoy the flavors and nutrients you need.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Italian seasoned ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 carton (15.5 ounces) ZENB Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Rotini Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley
Heat oil in large pot on medium-high heat. Cook turkey 6-8 minutes or until browned, while breaking up large chunks with wooden spoon.2.
Add onions, carrots, celery, tomato paste, salt & pepper. Cook 8-10 minutes until vegetables are softened and tomato paste is slightly darkened. Add water; cook 3-4 minutes while scraping brown bits from bottom of pot. Stir in ZENB Sauce; cover with lid. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally until meat is completely tender.3.
Meanwhile, cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Reserve 1/3 cup pasta cooking water; drain. Add pasta to sauce. Cook 3-4 minutes on low, while mixing gently and adding reserved pasta water as needed. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.