ZENB Italian Turkey Sausage Hoagies
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
Serving Size: 398g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
Create Your Own ZENB Gourmet Pasta Sauce Pack
Try this delicious take on a Hoagie using Italian Turkey Sausage and ZENB Sweet Carrot and Tomato Marinara Pasta Sauce. This delicious sandwich is a great way to fit some vegetables while enjoying a familiar taste profile.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 sweet or hot Italian turkey sausage links (about 4 ounces each)
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 carton (15.5 ounces) ZENB Sweet Carrot and Tomato Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 hoagie rolls, split, toaste
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat; add sausage. Cook 17-19 minutes until cooked through and well-browned on all sides. Transfer sausage to clean plate. Add onions, peppers, mushrooms and garlic to same pan. Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender.2.
Add ZENB Sauce, pepper and sausage; simmer 5-7 minutes on medium-low heat until heated through. Fill hoagie rolls with sausage, sauce and vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
Use a slow cooker! Add sausage, vegetables, garlic, ZENB Sauce and pepper to a slow cooker insert. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or until meat is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve as directed.
Serving Suggestion: Pair these hoagies with a smart side, such as fruit salad, to round out the meal.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.