ZENB Italian Turkey Sausage Hoagies
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
Serving Size: 398g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
Create Your Own ZENB Gourmet Pasta Sauce Pack
Try this delicious take on a Hoagie using Italian Turkey Sausage and ZENB Sweet Carrot and Tomato Marinara Pasta Sauce. This delicious sandwich is a great way to fit some vegetables while enjoying a familiar taste profile.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 sweet or hot Italian turkey sausage links (about 4 ounces each)
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 carton (15.5 ounces) ZENB Sweet Carrot and Tomato Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 hoagie rolls, split, toaste
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat; add sausage. Cook 17-19 minutes until cooked through and well-browned on all sides. Transfer sausage to clean plate. Add onions, peppers, mushrooms and garlic to same pan. Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender.2.
Add ZENB Sauce, pepper and sausage; simmer 5-7 minutes on medium-low heat until heated through. Fill hoagie rolls with sausage, sauce and vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
Use a slow cooker! Add sausage, vegetables, garlic, ZENB Sauce and pepper to a slow cooker insert. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or until meat is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve as directed.
Serving Suggestion: Pair these hoagies with a smart side, such as fruit salad, to round out the meal.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.