Creamy Tomato ZENB Penne Pasta
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME 20 minutes
Serving Size: 443g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
Using ZENB Penne Pasta and ZENB Roasted Tomato, Garlic, & Basil Pasta Sauce, this colorful recipe is as good as it looks. Taking just 20 minutes to make, this low-calorie recipe also delivers a good source of fiber.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1 carton (15.5 ounces) ZENB Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons half & half
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Parmesan cheese
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Drain; keep warm.2.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Cook onions, salt and pepper 4-5 minutes until softened. Stir in ZENB Sauce and red pepper; cook 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened.3.
Add pasta, tomatoes, half & half and 1 tablespoon parsley to sauce mixture; cook 3-4 minutes while mixing gently until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and Parmesan before serving.
Use multi-color cherry tomatoes for a colorful twist!
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.