Creamy Tomato ZENB Penne Pasta
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME 20 minutes
Serving Size: 443g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
Using ZENB Penne Pasta and ZENB Roasted Tomato, Garlic, & Basil Pasta Sauce, this colorful recipe is as good as it looks. Taking just 20 minutes to make, this low-calorie recipe also delivers a good source of fiber.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1 carton (15.5 ounces) ZENB Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons half & half
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Parmesan cheese
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Drain; keep warm.2.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Cook onions, salt and pepper 4-5 minutes until softened. Stir in ZENB Sauce and red pepper; cook 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened.3.
Add pasta, tomatoes, half & half and 1 tablespoon parsley to sauce mixture; cook 3-4 minutes while mixing gently until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and Parmesan before serving.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.