Quick ZENB Pepperoni Calzones
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME 35 minutes
Serving Size: 141g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
Create Your Own ZENB Gourmet Pasta Sauce Pack
Make these quick pepperoni calzones using ZENB Sweet Carrot and Tomato Marinara Pasta Sauce to help make preparation simple. Try using the ingredients below and then explore different toppings to use your favorite flavors. This recipe provides a good source of protein.
- 1 pound pizza dough, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1 carton (15.5 ounces) ZENB Sweet Carrot and Tomato Marinara Pasta Sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
Preheat oven to 500°F. Divide dough into four pieces. Roll out each piece into 5-inch round on lightly floured surface. Arrange dough rounds on baking sheet lined with parchment. Top one side of each round with pepperoni, mozzarella, provolone, pepperoni and 2 tablespoons ZENB Sauce leaving a 1/2-inch border. Fold open side of dough over fillings; carefully pinch edges closed.2.
Combine butter, garlic, parsley and oregano in small bowl. Brush tops with butter mixture. Cut 2 small slits onto player of dough of each calzone.3.
Bake 18-20 minutes, until crust is deep golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving with warmed remaining sauce.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.