Puerto Rican-Style Agile
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 8 minutes
TOTAL TIME 23 minutes
Serving Size: 243g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
Travel to the sands of Puerto Rico with savory Adobo seasoning paired with our Roasted Red Bell Pepper Gourmet Pasta Sauce and ZENB Pasta Agile. This dish is also a good source of protein and a good source of fiber.
- 2 1/4 cups fresh cilantro leaves, divided
- 1 cup ZENB Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sautéed Onion & Olive Oil Gourmet Sauce
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 12 ounces plant-based Italian sausage, removed from casing
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Pasta Agile
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 cup frozen peas
Add 2 cups cilantro, ZENB Sauce, bell pepper, onion and garlic to work bowl of a small food processor and pulse until smooth.2.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Cook sausage 4-5 minutes, until browned, breaking up large pieces with a wooden spoon. Stir in cilantro mixture, ZENB Pasta Agile, water and adobo seasoning. Top with peas; cover with lid. Cook for 2 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Remove pan from heat; stir gently.3.
Sprinkle with remaining cilantro before serving.
Substitute chili powder for the adobo seasoning.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.