Cajun Chicken Pasta with Roasted Bell Pepper Sauce
PREP TIME 20 minutes
COOK TIME 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME 50 minutes
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
We partnered with the "Prince of Flavortown", Hunter Fieri, who crafted a simple yet delicious recipe using ZENB Penne Pasta and ZENB Roasted Red Pepper Sauteed Onion and Olive Oil Gourmet Sauce that’s easy to prepare without compromising on taste. This dish is flavor-packed and is packed with fiber, making it a dinnertime favorite.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons oil-packed Calabrian chile peppers, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 ounces prosciutto, chopped (about 3 slices)
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenders, trimmed
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 box (15.5 ounces) ZENB Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups quartered multi-color cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook ZENB Pasta as directed. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta and keep warm.2.
Meanwhile, add 1 teaspoon oil, Calabrian chiles, and prosciutto to cast iron pan on medium heat. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until crispy. Transfer to clean plate.3.
Heat remaining oil in same pan on medium-high heat. Combine blackening spice ingredients in small bowl. Coat chicken liberally with blackening spice.4.
Add chicken to pan. Sear both sides of the chicken for about 2-3 minutes on each side until done. Transfer chicken to a sheet tray and set aside.5.
Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic to pan and sauté just until fragrant. Add white wine to deglaze; cook until mostly evaporated. Stir in ZENB Sauce and cook until simmering.6.
Add pasta, reserved pasta water and half of the Parmesan. Toss pasta gently until well combined.7.
Plate and garnish with chicken, tomatoes, scallions, crispy prosciutto mixture and remaining Parmesan. Top with additional cracked pepper before serving.
Freshly grated parmesan is the way to go.
Using fresh ground black pepper gives a more significant flavor than pre-ground.
Always cook the pasta al dente, this will help you avoid over cooking the pasta when finishing it in the sauce.
Make this a vegetarian dish by skipping the prosciutto and substituting sliced cauliflower florets or mushrooms for the chicken.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.