The holidays have arrived! And soon, your friends & family will arrive too, so now’s the perfect time to start thinking about what you’re going to serve to make the season even more memorable.
Are you going to go traditional with your recipes or will you infuse some exciting new flavors and meal experiences to liven things up?
Either way, your ZENB team is here to help bring family & friends to the table for some delicious, memorable meals that we recently made together in the test kitchen. These personally-crafted new recipes are perfect for any occasion, whether it’s Thanksgiving, Friendsgiving, a holiday potluck, or just an everyday family meal.
Recipe #1: Harvest Crostini
Recipe #2: Next-Day Sweet Potato Waffles
Recipe #3: No-Bake Vegan Pumpkin Tarts
SERVES: 18, 2 topped crostini each
PREP TIME: 40 minutes
1 pound refrigerated pizza dough, cut in half
1/4 cup flour
2 ZENB Veggie Sticks, any flavor, crumbled
2 cups squash, peeled, seeded, cut into 1/4-in pieces
1 cup lightly packed Brussels sprout leaves
1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon chopped sage
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 package (4 ounces) goat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Place dough on a clean, flat surface lightly dusted with flour.
3. Gently knead 1 crumbled ZENB Veggie Stick into each mound of halved dough.
4. Form each piece into a 10-inch rope.
5. Place on rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Score the tops with a thin, sharp knife.
7. Bake 20 min. or until bottoms are golden brown.
8. Cool on wire rack.
9. Slice each loaf into 16, ½-inch thick slices.
10. Increase oven to 400ºF.
11. Combine veggies and sage with oil, salt and pepper.
12, Place mixture on rimmed baking sheet in single layer.
13. Bake 15-20 min. or until squash is tender.
14. Spread 1/2 teaspoon goat cheese on each slice of bread.
15. Top evenly with roasted veggies.
16. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
● Butternut, Honeynut and Delicata squash are great choices for this recipe. The skin on Delicata squash is edible for less food waste.
● For a completely vegan dish, substitute vegan cream cheese for the goat cheese.
● Make the bread loaves up to 1 day ahead. Once cooled, store in tightly sealed plastic bags. Toast bread slices a few minutes before topping.
Next-Day Sweet Potato Waffles
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
2 cups flour
2 ZENB Pumpkin Veggie Sticks, crumbled
1 tablespoon corn starch
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 can (13.5 oz.) organic unsweetened coconut milk
2 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons melted vegan butter or virgin coconut oil
2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup cooked sweet potatoes or sweet potato casserole, mashed until smooth
Plain low-fat Greek yogurt
Fresh pomegranate seeds
Crumbled ZENB Pumpkin Veggie Stick
1. Preheat waffle iron.
2. Combine flour, ZENB Pumpkin Veggie Stick crumbles, corn starch, baking powder and spice in large bowl. Whisk in remaining ingredients, except toppings, until just combined.
3. Spray preheated waffle iron lightly with vegetable oil. Pour in recommended amount of batter per the manufacturer. Close lid; cook 4-6 min. until waffle is golden brown and crisp.
4. Serve immediately with toppings.
● When cooking for a crowd, transfer finished waffles to a rack in a preheated 200ºF oven to keep waffles crispy.
● Cooled waffles can be stored in the freezer in tightly sealed plastic bags for up to 2 months.
No-Bake Vegan Pumpkin Tarts
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
10 pitted dates (about 1/2 cup)
2 ZENB Carrot Veggie Sticks, coarsely crumbled
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 teaspoon melted virgin coconut oil
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons non-dairy nut milk or coconut creamer
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon corn starch
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1. Process dates in food processor until finely chopped.
2. Add remaining crust ingredients and process until mixture starts to stick together.
3. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of 16 lined minimuffin cups.
4. Place muffin tin in freezer.
5. Whisk filling ingredients in a medium microwave safe bowl.
6. Cook covered, 2- 2-1/2 min., whisking every 30 seconds until glossy and thickened. Cool.
7. Spoon filling into crusts; return to freezer 2-3 hours or until set.
8. Let stand 10-15 min. at room temperature before serving.
● Make these tarts up to 2 days ahead. Store in freezer in covered container.
● Garnish the tarts with optional toppings like: coconut whipped topping, toasted pumpkin seeds, toasted coconut, citrus zest, edible flower petals, a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice or additional crumbled ZENB Carrot Veggie Sticks.
With these delicious recipes you’re certainly ready to cook up a memorable holiday season for both friends and family. Enjoy, and please let us know which one was your favorite on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter or join our newsletter for more tasty recipes! And, we’re always looking for new recipes to share with the ZENB Community, so please share on social as well.